Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Head and The Heart: Live!


The Head and the Heart opened for Iron and Wine two weeks ago in Salt Lake City. I had only heard of the band a week before and just listened to a couple of their songs. If it had been anyone but Iron and Wine playing after, they would have stolen the show. The Head and the Heart are a six-piece indie-folk band from Seattle. For an acoustic-based band, I was shocked at the amount of energy they brought. In each song they had a beautiful three-part harmony. Each harmony was perfect, and each song was just as touching. Mid-way through their first song, when the bass player came in, I knew I was about to hear something special. I loved the bass-lines and really thought they kept the energy up, and the band moving. They started off with a song that I thought couldn’t be be topped, and somehow they managed to top themselves on every song in the set. By the last song, I was almost in tears, and I am sure I couldn’t live with myself if I cried at a concert. They are a band that is sure to get more attention, and touring with Iron and Wine will certainly allow them to reach new audiences, and a wider fan base.

No comments:

Post a Comment