Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Morning Jacket- Circuital


I hadn't spent much time listening to My Morning Jacket before I listened to their most recent album, Circuital. I had listened to a couple of their songs, and had heard they were good, I just didn't take the time to look further into them. That was until I heard they were coming out with a new album. Before the album came out, Rolling Stone wrote an article about their recording process for this album. Similar to Arcade Fire when they recorded Neon Bible, My Morning Jacket also recorded Circuital in a church. The openness as much heard as it is felt. In an interview with the lead singer, Jim James spoke about his love for 60's pop. With huge choruses in the songs, Holdin' on to Black Metal and Victory Dance, it is easy to hear where his influences come from. The songs are all infectious, and impossible not to repeat. Circuital is their sixth album, and they sound as fresh as a band ten years younger. Although, they are veterans, many still say they are one of the best live bands in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment