Friday, July 15, 2011

No Age-Live


No Age is a fuzz-rock band that opened for Explosions In The Sky on Thursday Night. I had only listened to a few No Age before the song, and I was kind of unimpressed, but hoped they would put on a good show. They did have a lot of energy and had fun, I just couldn't get past my dislike for the music. The guitarist put his distortion has high as it would go and played every song that way. His bar chords for every song were almost indistinguishable underneath the distortion. The drummer and also singer's yelling-singing seemed the same for every song, but I couldn't hear it very well over the guitar and drums anyway. After listening to their studio songs, I found that I liked it much more than their live performances. When I was able to hear the lyrics and the singing a little bit more, I could start enjoying their high-octane punk more. They did bring a lot of energy to their show, and had a lot of the crowd moving. Many people enjoy this kind of music, and I am sure many people enjoyed their show last night. It just wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment