Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Rosebuds-Live!



The Rosebuds played a fun, grooving set that got everyone up and moving on Friday night. I hadn’t heard of The Rosebuds before and didn’t find out that they were playing with Other Lives until that day. Since they were touring with Other Lives, I guessed and hoped that they would be good, and I was both happy and surprised by them. They are made up of guy and girl couple, which is accompanied by a violin player and a drummer. As they played their catchy and harmony filled songs, anyone that had been sitting got up to move. Their harmonies were what really drew me in to the music. Ivan Howard and Kelly Crisp have been together since 2003 when they came out with their first album. They had an aparrent chemistry and their voices blended perfectly. It was a fun finish to the show, and I am excited to hear more of their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment